- Promote the concept of developing a medical specialty in ‘Diagnosis’.
- Develop and promote the fields of Clinical Biochemistry, Physiology and Anatomy.
- Employ computer technology to sort through symptoms and identify patterns.
- Create new screening tests.
- Conduct screening tests, especially to identify illnesses in their early stages.
- Expanding the objectives of the Undiagnosed Diseases Program at NIH.
- Make it possible for physicians to code an illness as, ‘Diagnosis unknown'.
- Create tools in the form of databases to assist those searching for a diagnosis.
Those with rare disorders . . . go many years and often die without receiving a diagnosis. There are no physicians trained and board certified in 'Diagnosis'. There is no physician whose focus and training is on putting the pieces of a complex medical puzzle together.
How to contact INOD:
PO Box 536456, Orlando, FL 32853-6456
Phone: (407) or (888) 894-9190, Fax: (407) 898-4234
Email: INOD@INOD.org, Web: www.INOD.org