Rare Diseases In the News
Famous people and rare diseases
Famous people who either have a rare disease themselves or are a spokesperson for a rare disease national organization.
- Ryan Dempster's daughter has DiGeorge syndrome
- William "The Refrigerator" Perry has Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Harrison Ford, Brendan Fraser in Pompe disease movie
- Jett Travolta, Kawasaki disease survivor, dies in Bahamas
- Comedian Bernie Mac had sarcoidosis
- Paula Abdul reveals battle with reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)
- Dara Torres' coach, Michael Lohberg, diagnosed with aplastic anemia
- World's tallest woman dies
News about rare disease drug development, research, issues, and what people are talking about.
- How do people die from swine flu?
- Insmed, Genentech, and Ipsen/Tercica issue statement about IPLEX for ALS
- Diagnosis of congenital heart disease still frequently missed or delayed